♥ A Free Something to Give Those You VT ♥


For a quick something to give those you Visit Teach.  I made up these bookmarks to give each sister.  You can download the printable here.

 January's message is  of learning more about the history of Relief Society and the importance of understanding past noble examples in our heritage. 

 ~ My personal story about Visiting Teaching:
I was a single mother, raising four kids and felt very empty inside, trying to be happy with my kids.  I didn't want to go to church because I felt angry, bitter and sad as to why I had to divorce.  My girls went to a church  named "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, but I could not. I didn't feel good enough.  Later on, I heard a knock at my door.  It was a gal visiting from the church, whom I had met while my girls were going there.  She just wanted to check on me and see if I needed anything.  Of course, I didn't need anything, I was a strong single mother, or so I thought.  Again, the next month a knock on my door with the same gal from church.  She asked if I needed to talk or if she could help out in anyway.  This went on for a few months and I appreciated the gesture of someone caring about me and my family, even if I still did not feel good enough inside to go to church.  I was given monthly messages and one of those messages touched my heart.  I began to feel good about myself again.  What this gal had done was to just touch base with me, letting me know she was there all that time.  I felt I could begin to face people at church.  This may sound strange to some, but divorce tears a family apart.  My thoughts about church, was of the whole family being together in general.  So, to face and talk to people about my life was very different.  I gained confidence with the knowledge of my friend always being there for me - no matter what!  This helped me go back to church.  What this sister did for me...was the pure love of Christ..."charity".    Now, over 10 years later, she is there for me and I am happily married to a wonderful husband!  Also, I learned through doing family history her husband is related to me.  I am so grateful to have the gospel in my life and the joy it brings to me and my family.  This experience is why Visiting Teaching is so important to me and what it can do for people.  I hope I didn't bore you with my story, but I thought it needed to be told.  I hope this can help someone that needs that extra lift. 

Hugs,
Suzanne ♥

Comments

Popular Posts